- This event has passed.
Python Programming for Middle and High Schoolers
August 5, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Ever wanted to learn a programming language, but didn’t know where to start? Or have experience in other languages, but want to see what’s with the hype around Python? Come check out this class, where you’ll learn the basics to Python using a self-paced online interactive book.
Meet on the following Mondays: 8/5, 8/12, 8/19 and 8/26.
We will be using Python 3, the latest major version of Python. By the end, students will be able to write functions for their own calculator program. Exercises and challenge programs will be provided by the instructor.
Taught by an experienced Python programmer who has:
– scored a 5 (highest score) on AP Computer Science A exam as an 8th grader
– led team to achieve 2nd place in the 2019 Richard Montgomery HS Programming competition
– led team to achieve 3rd place in the 2018 Thomas Jefferson HS Bioinformatics competition (as team leader_
– led team to achieve 9th place out of 500 teams in an online hacking competition (Phillips Academy CTF)
– notable code on GitHub at https://github.com/joshdabosh
This class is for ages 12-18. Please bring your own laptop if you own one, though we will have several for use if needed.
library parking info (free 2 hour parking with ticket validation in selected garages): https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/library/branches/rockville.html