- This event has passed.
Making soap – hands-on fun workshop!
February 1 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Did you ever want to know how soap is made? Come to this hands-on fun workshop to make your own soap from scratch. All equipment and supplies are provided. You will leave confident to try new ways at home.
• How soap is made: Saponification is “kitchen chemistry”
• Safety on how to handle lye (caustic soda)
• Equipment and supplies to make soap safely at home?
• Calculate the proportions of soap ingredients
• Make your own soap and pour it in a mold.
• Bring your own mold or we will give you one to take your soap home.
• Each participant will make ~150 g of soap.
Due to the corrosive nature of lye for making soap, 14 and older only, and anyone under 18 is required to register for the class with a registered parent or guardian. A liability waiver needs to be signed before starting the class. Wear long sleeves, pants, and closed-toe shoes.
Fees: $35. Payment with cash or major credit cards will be processed before the class starts using the Square system.
You can register your son/daughter (at least 13 years old) as a guest, but they are required to participate in the workshop and pay the fees.
If you park at Rockville Town Square, garage A, you may validate your parking ticket (2hrs free) at the center.