- This event has passed.
Making soap and bath bombs – hands-on fun workshop!
January 18 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Did you ever want to know how soap is made? Come to this hands-on fun workshop to make your own soap and bath bombs from scratch. All equipment and supplies are provided. You will leave confident to try new ways at home.
1st session: 2 hours
• How soap is made: Saponification is “kitchen chemistry”
• Safety on how to handle lye (caustic soda)
• Equipment and supplies to make soap safely at home?
• Calculate the proportions of soap ingredients
• Each participant will make ~150 g of soap
• Pour the soap into a mold and let solidify for 24 hours.
2nd session: 2 hours (24 hours after making the soap)
• Cut soap into bars, decorate it as a present for a friend or yourself
• Equipment and supplies to make bath bombs
• The chemistry behind the bubbly bath
• Each participant will make an equivalent of 4 cups of bath bombs.
• Decorate and wrap your colorful bath bombs for a bubbly relaxing bath.
Due to the corrosive nature of lye for making soap, 15 and older only, and anyone under 18 is required to register for the class with a registered parent or guardian. A liability waiver needs to be signed before starting the class. Wear long sleeves, pants, and closed-toe shoes.
Fees: $25 for each workshop or $45 for both
Payment with major credit cards or check will be processed at the center.